Our Client based in Erith are looking to employ a Multi Skilled Mechanical Engineer to join their busy team. This would be a full time position based on 40. 5 hours per week on 3 rotating shifts. These shift times will be:
Early – 6am – 2. 15pm (Mon-Thurs) 6am -1. 30pm (Friday)
Late – 2pm – 10. 15pm (Mon -Thurs) 12. 30pm – 8pm (Friday)
Night – 10. 45pm – 6. 15am (Sun) 10pm – 6. 15am (Mon- Thurs)Job Title:Multi-skilled Electrical Engineer
To execute the site professional maintenance (PrM) strategy which includes; planned preventative, reactive, condition based and time based maintenance to high speed production lines, process plant and all associated services & utilities that exist on the Our client’s site. The role includes continuous improvement activities and project works as required.
Key Attributes within Role:
1. Able to work the 3 shift pattern as per terms and conditions.
2. Demonstrably competent in maintaining modern packaging machinery in an FMCG / Food environment.
3. Proficient in mechanical/pneumatic fault finding and correction i.e. working on gearboxes, chain/belt/gear drives, complex mechanisms, pneumatic circuits/valves/cylinders, etc.
4. Able to perform basic electrical maintenance tasks to a good standard.
5. Proactive, flexible, self starter with excellent communication and team working skills with a drive toward engineering excellence.
6. Ability to prioritise workload when under pressure.
7. A good knowledge of key maintenance principles and strategies (TPM knowledge an advantage).
8. Computer literate on standard office programs and computerised maintenance management systems (SAP).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Engineering maintenance of PET bottling production lines, process plant and all services / utilities associated to site as required to ensure production plans are met on time in full.
2. Focussed improvements of production line equipment in order to improve reliability, efficiency and cost.
3. Contribute towards major capital projects as part of the early equipment management process.
4. Complete delegated minor project works as required.
5. Carry out all duties in a safe, professional and responsible manner giving due consideration to environmental & quality procedures.
6. Attend and contribute to short interval control and other standard operational meetings as required.
7. Record all maintenance activities in SAP in an accurate and timely manner.
8. Operate within the permit to work system and lockout procedure as well as issue permits to contractors for service works and manage them safely.
9. Comply with all food safety systems such as HACCP and good manufacturing process.
10. Be proficient with our client’s Management System where it relates to engineering i.e. Autonomous Maintenance (AM) and Professional Maintenance (PrM).
11. Comply with critical engineering stores management procedures and complete stock counts as required.
12. Maintain personal skill set and personal development on a continual basis.
13. Maintain company standards at all times such as tool control, work wear and PPE.
14. Maintain and demonstrate the company competences and behavioural standards.
Time served level 3 multi-skilled mechanical apprenticeship.
HNC or equivalent desirable.
Basic industrial electrical competence.
Experienced maintainer of FMCG equipment, food industry preferable.
Experience of Continuous Improvement and TPM environments desirable.
Know someone who may be suitable for this position? Refer a friend and receive £250 if they are successfully placed in a permanent position!